Use this simple, effective ritual to familiarise yourself with some of the kennings of Norse mythology, set up your working space and balance your energies. This is a must-have for the runester’s tool-kit and is also a really good way for those new to the runes to get a feel for the way they work without having to learn the separate energies of an entire rune alphabet.
This download includes a 15 page manual complete with step by step diagrams and an audio recording to lead you on a journey to connect with the power of the Hammer of Thor.
This short self-study mini-module is designed to give you a thorough grounding in the myth and history of Mjolnir (the Hammer of Thor) and practical experience of using the Hammer as a means of blessing and protecting yourself and your working space. The Hammer Rite will provide you with a means to create a safe and sacred space around yourself for energy work, psychic readings, journeying, magickal work or simply to protect your home or personal space.
The module is made up of the following sections:
- The history, myth and symbolism of Thor’s Hammer
- A guided meditation (supplied as a sound file) to establish a personal connection with the Hammer of Thor
- The history and uses of the Hammer Rite
- Instructions for performing the basic Hammer Rite
- A discussion of, and instructions for performing the full Hammer Rite, based on the original Rite created by Edred Thorsson
- Instructions for performing a simplified Hammer Rite
- A brief guide to adapting the Hammer Rite for working in the Anglo-Saxon tradition
The module includes wordings in Modern English, Old Norse and Old English, diagrams of the individual elements of the Rite, a discussion of why the elements are as they are, and full referencing.
It’s beautifully presented and so easy to download, the amount of detail and work that has gone into this is obvious. The work is clearly laid out and the runster guided step by step to through the ritual with sensible instructions and clear diagrams which help with both body posture and visualisation. I’m delighted with this – Thanks ever so much Magin!