These pages are my personal musings on the runes and don’t provide lists of correspondences or traditional meanings. For these I would recommend the purchase of a good source book (see my Rune Library).
There is a lot of information out there about runes and it can be off-putting. My advice would be to rely on the information that you can verify comes from a reliable source (e.g. the rune poems) and to view all other sources with benevolent scepticism – try it, and if it feels right, use it.
I currently have pages on the following:
- The Elder Futhark (the most commonly used rune row). These pages give some of my personal insights into the runes, extracts from texts discussing the rune meanings, exercises you might like to try and links to insiprational texts/music.
- The Rune Library where you will find information about, and links to, recomended texts. The pages cover primary sources, exploratory texts, works that have inspired me and more.
- Rune Sets – a selection of articles I have written about purchasing and making rune sets
- Rune casting – a selection of articles I have written about rune casting, from a single rune spread and upwards
- Rune calendars – a selection of articles in which I explore the modern use of rune calendars (including birth runes and half-months)